I've actually used the alternative markets as a testing ground for my game.
On slideme, I started out strong but peaked at around 645 downloads.
On getjar, it's been going strong with most 'test players' from there at
almost 2000 downloads.

I haven't tried any other market beside that, my game is free so I don't
know how that would translate to sales.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Chris Stewart <cstewart...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that I'm working on my seasonal app for the 2011 season, I'm wondering
> if any of the 3rd party markets are gaining traction with other developers.
>  Are any of you submitting to the Amazon market, or any others?  What are
> your plans for these 3rd party markets?
>
> --
> Chris Stewart
> http://chriswstewart.com