As part of figuring out the new widget support in honeycomb, I am at a
loss to understand the difference between

the constructor of a RemoteViewsFactory and its callback method "onCreate()".

won't they always be called one after the other?

The fact that "oncreate()" exists, suggests that it is possible to
have "onCreate()" called multiple times for the same
RemoteViewsFactory.

why can't I do what I need to do in "oncreate()" in the constructor itself?

I am missing something.

Any help is much appreciated.

I looked at the stack widget example and also teh weather widget
example. this aspect is not clear.

Thanks
Satya