Grab a screen lock as a work around.  Nexus One has some issues with
the low-power mode.  Unfortunately, from my wireshark traces it
basically fails to wakeup for multicast events due to aggressive power
saving.  Other devices will perform differently.  It would be better
if they released a patch for this so 2.2 can get an update.  Releasing
for a later version 2.3...., doesn't help much.

Cheers