I had a frantic and terrifying couple of hours the other night looking
for my keystore file. A few months ago I restructured my workspace and
source directories and unwittingly deleted the keystore used to sign
my app, something I was completely unaware of until I went to sign the
latest release of my app.

I knew all of the inputs I'd used to create the keystore so I thought
there may be some way to recreate it. Searching Google I found that
the answers fell into two categories: "Dude, you're screwed" and
"Dude, you're [expletive deleted]."

Luckily my tale has a happy ending. I'd temporarily used a different
machine for development and I found a copy of my keystore on that
machine. Suffice to say, I now have copies of my keystore
*everywhere*. I may even print out a copy of a hexdump as the ultimate
hardcopy backup.

Just figured I'd share this in the hopes that it may spur others to do
what I should have done from the beginning.

- Dave