That's definitely a concern of mine as well.  That said, I've done a lot
of amateur video work in the past and it's really not all that involved.  I
think if you spend the time to make a decent script of what you're going to
say, how you're going to flow through your app, and stick to that, it's easy
to go back and adjust it as features are added.  I don't think you'd need to
do a new video each time a feature is added, unless it's major, but maybe
every few features to keep it up to date.  I would also stay a little high
level throughout the video unless a specific feature needs more detail.
 Lets face it, most people aren't necessarily interested in watching a 10-20
minute video of an app.  I think if you stay in the 2-5 minute range, you're
in good shape and that's short enough that recording new videos from new
versions of the app wouldn't be too rough to manage.

For recording, I've used Fraps to record and mix gameplay from various games
on my PC and I was thinking about using it for this as well.  I suspect I'll
just use the emulator to run the app, and a web browser to perform actions
that my app would adjust from.  I expect to tie up any loose ends on my app
tonight/tomorrow and have it released shortly thereafter.  So I'll work on
even a rough video of what I'm thinking about once this dev cycle is over.

--
Chris Stewart
http://chriswstewart.com