On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd use an integer resource to specify a padding.  You can leave it 0
> in the base implementation and override it in values-v8.  Or something
> along those lines, you get the idea...

Thanks for the idea. The problem is, it inconsistent even among froyo versions.
For example, the layout is off when running the Google APIs (Level 8) AVD,
but not with the Android 2.2 (Level 8) AVD. Those have the same build number,
so not clear what the difference is.

I'll just have to add a switch to disable the custom font I am afraid.
Some characters won't be displayed, but still a bit better, then a completely
jumbled layout.