Mac works great because you can develop for iOS and Android.
However, last time I checked BlackBerry didn't have a proper Mac OS tool and
you were stuck using windows.
I haven't played around with it since.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:39 AM, mikael_w <mikael.wozn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the last 4 weeks, I have been trying to get into mobile
> development. Done a couple of tutorials, read some books, developed a
> couple of dummy apps.
>
> The thing is my computer is a 5 years old laptop, it is slow and time
> has come to replace it and I’m looking at different offers online.
>
> Have you got any recommendations? Is there any must-have that should
> make my developer life easier in the future? Is there anything mobile-
> dev-specific that may be useful at a more advanced stage of
> development that I just can’t think of right now on the hardware
> side?
>
> (I mean apart from good proc, lots of RAM, many USB ports...)
>
> One thing I can think of is to have three OS on the same workstation:
> Windows, Unix and MacOS (so far I focused on android/java/eclipse but
> am interested in Iphone/objC/xcode as well) but that’s more on the
> software side.
>
> Anyway, would be grateful for any recommendations.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Mikael
>
> PS: on the budget side, I'm quite free
> PPS: Although, it's not a programming question, I still think it is
> relevant to this group

~ Jeremiah:9:23-24
Android 2D MMORPG: http://solrpg.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/revoltingx