I tried the gyroscope features a bit when I got the Nexus S, but
couldn't find any way to make it more accurate than what can already
be done with the accelerometer and magnetometer.

Since then I've been waiting for someone else to do something, but
haven't found any apps that demonstrate the gyroscope in any
convincing way and there doesn't seem to be much discussion about gyro
in this google group or elsewhere.

Have I missed something, is it broken or is it just a feature that
nobody wants to use?