Some of my users are running across a very peculiar bug in the most
recent update to one of my apps.  I released an update to my app a few
days ago.  In this update, I placed some files in the apps assets
folder.  One of the activities needs to read a couple of these files
when it starts.  Through all my testing, everything worked fine.
However, now that it is out in the wild, for some users who updated,
the app is seemingly not reading these files correctly...almost as if
they don't exist.  So, my question is: Is there ever an instance where
an update to an app that adds some files to the assets folder will not
actually update the app with those files in place?  Are there
potentially device specific issues at hand here?