Hi,

I was debugging an Activity that was working fine (the view is
displayed) using API 7 but  not using API 9.

This is a snippet of code simplified of what I am doing to reproduce
the issue:

    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

    LinearLayout ll = new LinearLayout(this);
    LinearLayout.LayoutParams llp = new
LinearLayout.LayoutParams(LinearLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT,
LinearLayout.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT);
    ll.setLayoutParams(llp);

    TextView tv = (TextView) new TextView(this);
    tv.setLayoutParams(llp);
    tv.setFocusable(true);
    tv.setFocusableInTouchMode(true);
    tv.setText("Test");
    tv.setTextAppearance(this,
android.R.style.TextAppearance_Large );

    ll.addView(tv);
    setContentView(ll);
}

In API 9 this works if:
1)   tv.setFocusable(true) &   tv.setFocusableInTouchMode(true) are
commented out
2)   tv.setTextAppearance(this, android.R.style.TextAppearance_Large )
is commented out

In API 7 all combinations work as expected.

I know attributes can be set in the xml but I want to set them in the
code and understand what is happening here. Does anyone  know why it
is not working in API 9?

Thanks,
Juan Garibay