On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Doug <beafd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But wait!  Now the Android Market will show you installation stats!

LOL - This is what competition is all about. Forcing the market to improve
it's "tools".

It's interesting.  Apparently I had a big install spike coming up to Jan 1
> this year, and a similar drop the next few days.  Also, I had a sustained
> run up through the middle of Feb, but then a drop after that.  None of this
> really explains the wacky numbers I've seen lately, though.

Well it explains the drops in installs. Every time the Market Monkeys add a
new "feature" they break at least 2 other things in the process. It's their
way of letting us know somethings coming. God forbid they make a blog post
or send out an email.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:21 AM, Doug <beafd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if there is maybe something going on with devices not phoning home
> properly to collect stats.  The notes at the bottom of the page seem to
> suggest that nothing you see there is really that reliable.

Seriously. The graphs says one install count, the total on the main page
says another. What's the point of this if it doesn't even work? Good grief -
even when the Market "improves", it's half-assed and makes you wonder what
the hell the point of it was.

Stats that don't make sense and can't be counted on!? Awesome, thanks
Google!