Hi Android Developers

I would like to know why some of the applications are not calling the
getSystemService(TELEPHONY_SERVICE) function for getting the telephony
services.

For ex:
App1:(RadioInfo.Java) is calling the above function to get the telephony
service.Like ..
getSystemService(TELEPHONY_SERVICE)
mTelephonyManager.getCellLocation()

In App2(FDNSetting.java ) :But an other application like FDNSettings is not
calling getSystemService() instead it directly calls a function from
GSMSimcard.java file part of Telephony, as below.

mPhone = PhoneFactory.getDefaultPhone();
mPhone.getSimCard().getSimFdnEnabled();

If any one has a good documention of How applications interact with services
like Telephony & SIM, please share it with me.

Regards,
Sunil