Hi All,

We are developing an Android Product, where we have Queues which are
created by Services and accessed by Activities. In general, I know
that objects (irrespective of where they are created ) in Android will
live in the same JVM and are accessing by any other object on the same
JVM.

The idea in our product is that the Service is always running and
listening for certain phone events and pushing these in the queue for
processing. The UI (Activity if its running) will show the status of
the Queue and it currently accesses the queue directly.

Now the questions which I have are following
1. Is it a good idea to access objects created by Service directly
from Activity?
    OR
    Should I always access these from AIDL Interface?

2. Say my Service starts a thread to consume the queue which we have,
Should this thread be daemon thread? I dont want this thread to last
more than life cycle of the Service.

3. What is the best way to keep a Service running forever (this is the
nature of the app)?

Cheers,
Rohit