Can you enable verbose build output (in the Eclipse preferences under
Android > Build), force a compile and see what's dumped in the console
view?

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Donal Rafferty <draf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bit of an update on this, I'm still stuck on it and have noticed some
> curious issues.
>
> My project was started back in 1.5 SDK so my resources only had the one
> drawables folder so I created the three -mdpi,-ldpi, -hdpi folders and put
> my drawables in -mdpi.
>
> I was hoping this would be it but it wasn't R.java still wont regenerate.
>
> Is there anything I need in my manifest for the new folders or anything that
> needs to be changed like that for the new project setup?
>
> Also I've noticed if I create a new project and copy over just my Resources
> and build the R.java file generates fine and I can then copy it back into my
> proper project and it works by just matching up the package.
> However if I create a new project and add the resources and then also my
> source files then R.java wont generate and neither will any of my .aidl
> files.
>
> Which seems really strange to me, has anyone got any ideas taking into
> account the new info as to what could be happening?
>
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:19 AM, 曾少彬 <forever_ho...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I met a similar situation, and it was fixed by removing "import
>> android.R;", though I really don't know why android.R was imported.
>>
>> With "android.R", java files won't be able to read local resources
>> properly.  I'm not sure if you're meeting the same thing..
>>
>> Best Regards!
>>

>> > Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:00:13 -0800
>> > Subject: [android-developers] Re: Eclipse wont regenerate files since
>> > downloading the 2.3 SDK
>> > From: zvasv...@gmail.com
>> > To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
>> >
>> > Yes, this is exactly what I have to do. I don't think it's anything
>> > on our side of things, but who knows.

>> > --
>>
>> --

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.
http://developer.android.com | http://tools.android.com

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!