My application's main activity is tagged as single task, like this

<activity android:name=".MainScreen" android:label="@string/app_name"
                        android:configChanges="orientation"
android:launchMode="singleTask"
                        android:alwaysRetainTaskState="true">
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                        </intent-filter>
                </activity>

However when I let The Monkey loose on the app in the emulator/device,
it (The Monkey)  seems to be able to launch the activity multiple
times. (My application launches a service which has an ongoing
notification which can take the user back to the main activity).

As a net result The Monkey eventually crashes the emulator (or crashes
on the device) with an OOM error when inflating the layout for the
MainScreen app.

Do I need to be concerned, or is that just a misbehaving Monkey ?