On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Chris Stewart <cstewart...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Anyone have any comments on this quote from me?
>
> "I do think it's important to note that if you follow approach #1, users
> that purchased your app will still have access to it on the tablet, it just
> won't be tailored to that device's experience.  I'm not sure that asking
> them to pay for the additional work you put into a tablet version is a bad
> thing.  It works that way on the iPad, with no issues."

I think having a separate tablet version that costs more, if that's what you
want to do, is fine. It's like selling a DVD and BluRay copy of a movie -
same product, different platform, where one costs more because it's bigger
and better. If you want both, you have to pay for both.

And if user is *really* unhappy about this, you can just refund their
original phone version purchase and have them keep the tablet version, so
they're only paying the difference (as was mentioned earlier) for the
"upgrade".

Do it, go.