*> I subclass it? i guess basically extended the class*

In either case, you can use the following method... I was just a little
curious what you did:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/View.html#setEnabled%28boolean%29

*> i know its against class but i prefer the radio button over the check box
image
> and i thought it would look nicer

*I guess as the developer that's your prerogative... As long as you don't
mind taking all sorts of questions from your users wanting to know why the
radio buttons in your app aren't working right.  From user's standpoint,
that would totally piss me off... But hey, that's just me.

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer
http://sites.google.com/site/magouyaware