I am reading Android Application Licensing. It uses a key pair to
check license. The document also says that "

Note that if you decide to generate a new licensing key pair for your
account for some reason, you need to notify all users of test
accounts. For testers, you can embed the new key in the application
package and distribute it to users. For developers, you will need to
distribute the new key to them directly."

I think this is related to this server response LICENSED_OLD_KEY: "The
application is licensed to the user, but there is an updated
application version available that is signed with a different key. "

I understand this concept. However, what I am clear is when you would
need to generate a new licensing key pair. Do we need to generate a
new key pair whenever we submit an update? My guess is no. When do we
need to generate a new key?

Thanks