Hello,

We need to access the USB port on an andriod tablet(version 3.0).A
camera will be connected to the tablet via a usb port and should be
able to receive commands of start and stop from the tablet.

By default the usb is taken as a mass storage device and so we will
not be able to have a 2 way communication with the camera.For this
reason we need to develop a device driver which will run on the tablet
and handle the input  and output communications through the usb
port.We will implement the driver in c language.

We intend to install the driver in the linux kernel.

We need to know how the usb port is referenced on a tablet so that we
implement the same in the c code.Also we need to know how android will
need communicate with the driver.

Please do also mention if there is any other alternative to achieve
the same task.

Regards,
Rahul