Thanks Dianne and lbendlin.   Hmmm.. how would I "manually" move it?  The
move would have to be under app control since I could not expect that the
typical person using the program would be able to do it at the filesystem
level.   SInce the APK moves then that probably includes any asset files so
my big set of data would already be on the SD card.  Might could live with
the dynamic copy in the db staying in internal storage since it would be
only the statistical data points for scenarios.