i also tried this with an older version of the android sdk, there was
a hidden api in the android jar. but there was no authentication stuff
see here

http://www.anddev.org/google_data_apis-t2771.html

now i'll try with the latest sdk if there is some additional api

otherwise lets work directly with the http interface of google
spreadsheat.