Hi,

I'm trying to accomplish what I thought was a pretty simple layout,
but am having trouble finding my way.  Basically, I just want one
TextView immediately after another where the second one has a fixed
width and the first one can grow as large as it needs to be but will
be ellipsized so that it doesn't push the second one out of the parent
container:

|   TextView 1 text is short here: TextView 2 text

|   TextView 1 text is really, really long here... TextView 2 text |

Using layout_weight causes the 2nd view to be pushed all the way to
end of the container, even if it does not need to be:

|   TextView 1 text is short here:                    TextView 2 text

|   TextView 1 text is really, really long here... TextView 2 text |

I can use maxWidth on the 1st TextView and things work ok, but I don't
know the value (parent container width-TextView 2 width) without doing
some measuring at run time.  It seems like I need some hybrid maxWidth/
layout_weight mechanism.  Seems I am missing the obvious -- can
anybody point it out?

Thanks!
Scott