On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Jordan 5222
<trolldr...@lulz-industries.org> wrote:
> Can someone of the Android team give me a hint? Or just a "no you can't",
> but i don't understand why.

What exactly do you want to achieve or know about android.R ?

It is a class created ahead of compiling of the source code by aapt. R
contains static IDs to your resources that allow you to access the
actual content of those resources. Resources themselves (images,
sounds, variables,...) are being compiled into 1 big binary file and
R.class consists of effectively pointers to those.

It is the same with android.R.class, but obviously since those
resources are openly distributed with the platform, there is much more
effort made to get things right in the first place and keep it
unchanged for as long as possible. Just like with any other public
API.

Have a look here for more info:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/accessing-resources.html

Daniel

> 2011/3/28 Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com>
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Jordan 5222
>> <trolldr...@lulz-industries.org> wrote:
>> > Thank you for the reply, Mark.
>> > Any hint where to study how android.R class works?
>> > I suppose that it's generated when we compile the entire Android system,
>> > in
>> > a similar way of the standard R class, but it takes a "photo" of system
>> > resources.
>>
>> Since the values must not change from release to release of Android, I
>> suspect the process is more involved than that. However, I have no
>> idea where you should look for details, or even if there are any
>> details beyond the source code.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
>> http://commonsware.com | http://github.com/commonsguy