I don't understand what you are asking.  If you want to not let any editing
to happen, just implement an InputConnection that doesn't do anything.  If
there is something different than that which you are looking for...  well
you'll just need to implement the operations on InputConnection to whatever
it is you want.

You say all you need is to pass a key event...  but the point of
InputConnection is to *not* operate in key events.  If you just want raw key
events, don't implement an InputConnection.  (There is compatibility code
that turns operations into raw key events for apps that don't support input
connections.)

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Dmitry Golubovsky <golubov...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there an example of/tutorial on maximally transparent subclass of
> BaseInputConnection? Android 2.0 if that matters.
>
> All I need is to pass a key event to the target view on any alpha or
> digit or special character soft key pressed, bypassing any built-in
> text editing capabilities.
>
> This is perhaps a generalization of my earlier question about
> KEYCODE_DEL (I got a suggestion for this one on another forum that the
> problem lies in the input connection), but it looks like input of
> digits does not work properly either: I just want to have a
> transparent input method.
>
> Thanks.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer