Hi,
The application I am working on an application which have high usage
on sending and receiving sms. It is up very high importance that the
status of sending message to the server is known to the mobile
application. I am porting (re-writing) the application from J2ME/
Blackberry to Android.
In J2ME there was a halting method, which either sends the message or
fails to send the message by throwing exceptions. In Android there is
no halting method. We reply on the pending send and delivery intent.
This makes the application design bit complex.
Please let me know how can I stricty monotor the status of the message
sent.
Is there a way of making a seperate thread which can provide a halting
feature or else I was thinking of making a DB status record based
design. The issue I am facing is when the receiver receives the
notification about a sms being sent or delivered, how can I map to
which SMS it is referring too.

If there is a simple approach to solve this issue, please give some
ideas.

Thanks,
Mohit