On Mar 28, 11:24 pm, lbendlin <l...@bendlin.us> wrote:
> oh, and "Barcode Scanner" v3.53 in the Android market is not using location
> at all.

Interestingly enough it was barcode scanner 3.53 which prompted me to
put out this thread precisely because it  felt it necessary to put out
a strong legal warning mandating that I let google track me even when
the app is off in future (even though I know full well that it can get
my location just by looking to the location of the cell tower I am
using). Now I learn that it doesnt even do network location!