I have an application I want to port from Symbian OS to Android (Well,
maybe port is a bit of a strong word, since they would hardly share a
line of code in common. "Rewrite" maybe.) However, it really needs to
implement dynamically loaded modules to be of any use. In Java proper,
this would be trivial but as far as I can tell with Dalvik this is
impossible.

I've read this:
http://blog.luminis.nl/roller/luminis/entry/osgi_on_google_android_using
which describes a hack to do it, but that of course is totally
impractical for production purposes.

Am I missing a way to do this, or is it simply impossible at the
present time?

Thanks.