Hi,
I have a question in GB's NetworkLocation.apk.
It is GingerBread OS and GMS revision1.

If I turn on Google Location Service in my device, "Sorry popup"
comes.
It complains that it does not have "UPDATE_DEVICE_STATS" in
com.google.android.location.
Also during booting time DDMS shows the below log.

PackageManager(137): Not granting permission
android.permission.UPDATE_DEVICE_STATS to package
com.google.android.location (protectionLevel=2 flags=0x8be45)

In Froyo NetworkLocation.apk's AndroidManifest.xml has
sharedUserId="android.uid.system".
But GB NetworkLocation.apk's AndroidManifest.xml has
sharedUserId="com.google.uid.shared".

How do not the other devices have this issue?
I think "UPDATE_DEVICE_STATS" is system level privilege and
NetworkLocation.apk should have "android.uid.system".like Froyo
version.

Please help me. What can I do??