There is no need to do this whatsoever. And you cannot "recycle" Views
anyway, at most you can set all the references to null manually which will
not make much of a difference. The GC will eventually collect the ListView
instances.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Matthew Powers <mtpow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have played with this MANY times.  The only solution I have seen is to
> walkthetree in the listview and recycle your objects by hand
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:08 PM, ivan <istas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok I just tested the api demo again.
>>
>> I went in and out of List1.java 15 times, and only saw 8 instances
>> still on the heap.
>>
>> So, clearly "some" are being GC'd.
>>
>> My question still remains... Why doesn't this happen with other views?
>>
>> On Mar 31, 11:50 am, ivan <istas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > So to reiterate ...
>> >
>> > I can see every instance of a ListView/ListActivity (ever created)
>> > sitting around in memory, even though I force a GC in every call to
>> > onDestroy().
>> > ... And this is the expected behavior, because the Dalvik GC will
>> > "eventually" collect them.
>> >
>> > Why isn't this the case with other views?

>> TmpTestActivity.

>> http://github.com/commonsguyhttp://commonsware.com/blog|http://twitter.com/commonsguy

>> --
>

>  --

Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
romain...@android.com

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them