I have exact the same problem. Uploaded a apk with production key to
the market (with debug key doesn't work, because it's a update) and
tried to buy stuff with a test account on my device.
I get the same error: "Application Error : This version of the
application is not configured for Market Billing. Check the help
center for more information." I hope somebody knows how to get rid of
the error. I have been google'ing, but no luck so far.