I have the same problem. Here is my details:

    [javac] /android-sdk-linux_x86/tools/ant/main_rules.xml:384:
warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to
build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 9 source files to /home/massimo/android-sdk-
linux_x86/samples/android-11/XmlAdapters/bin/classes
    [javac] /android-sdk-linux_x86/samples/android-11/XmlAdapters/src/
com/example/android/xmladapters/RssReaderActivity.java:20: cannot find
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class XmlDocumentProvider
    [javac] location: package android.content
    [javac] import android.content.XmlDocumentProvider;
    [javac]                       ^