If there is an unresolvable issue with the API level 11 that makes all
my programs look bad and I set maxSdkVersion="10", can I be certain
that any device with an API level 10 and less will never get updated
to an API level 11?

The following documentation is not clear to me in regard to this
issue:

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/uses-sdk-element.html

For example it says:

"Warning: ... declaring the attribute can result in your application
being removed from users' devices after a system update to a higher
API Level."

It also states:

"Future versions of Android (beyond Android 2.0.1) will no longer
check or enforce the android:maxSdkVersion attribute during
installation or revalidation. Android Market will continue to use the
attribute as a filter, however, when presenting users with
applications available for download."

(15839)