Checked change listeners are called in response to "manually" calling setChecked, not just user actions.

This makes it important to call setChecked and setOnCheckedChangeListener in correct order.

If your code called setChecked first, it would then call the old checked listener, which would flip the state of the old data item associated with that list item layout.

-- Kostya