> You are making this too complicated.
No, I am not.

> class StuffDatabase {
>   SQLiteDatabase mDatabase;
>   static StuffDatabase getInstance();
>
> }
>
> class OtherStuffDatabase {
>   SQLiteDatabase mDatabase;
>   static OtherStuffDatabase getInstance();
>
> }

That works if the number and filenames of databases are statically
determined.

> Why in the world do you have 10s of databases?

Why in the world would this be so unexpected?

Does Excel only allow you to have three spreadsheets and pick all the
names for you?
No.
To use a Google app example, does MyTracks only allow you to record
one track?
No - I've seen the code. It creates multiple Sqlite databases without
having a class for each one.
Would a shopping list application only allow you to have one shopping
list, called default?
A lame one would, yes.

I really don't think my scenario is that outrageous.

Nathan