Rajah,

There are many references for database development using SQLite. Generally
your database will be wrapped in a ContentProvider. Try googling SQLite
android.  You probably won't directly use it, however, so also read the
"Content Provider" section in the android tutorial.

Really, the android introduction tutorial is quite well written and brings
you up to speed with many concepts very quickly. You should read all of it
soon if you want to become a serious application developer.

Kris