I am trying to implement a web browser within my app and using WebView
for that.

For playing youtube video I used the following resource to start
playing the video:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3815090/webview-and-html5-video
To stay in the webView when a link is pressed and not go to the web
browser, I had to add

   @Override
    public boolean shouldOverrideUrlLoading(WebView view, String url)
{
        view.loadUrl(url);
        return true;
    }

This seems to work well if I am touching the screen to start the
video.

However if I call webView.dispatchKeyEvent to navigate to the video
image on the screen and then send a dispatchKeyEvent
KEYCODE_DPAD_CENTER Down followed by up, the image shows loading and
stays in the same state. So it did react to this key event but did not
start playing the video.

I noticed that if I touch on the video image, onShowCustomView is
called in WebChromeClient. However, if the a KEYCODE_DPAD_CENTER is
sent to the selected video image, shouldOverrideUrlLoading is called.

Can anyone help how to get this video playing with a
dispatchKeyEvent ?

Thanks