Hi,

I'm developing an application where I need to insert a lot of contacts
which potentially can have thousands of numbers. At the moment there
is a total of 600 contacts with a total of 6000 numbers, where the
biggest contact has 1300 phone numbers.

I have created a custom account for these contacts so I don't mess up
the users contact list.

At the moment I am inserting the contacts using
ContentResolver.applyBatch against the Contacts database. I've tried
to gather up a list of ContentProviderOperations with insertion of
RawContacts and Phone-entries of different sizes (50, 100, 200, 400),
but the insertion is painfully slow. The whole import takes approx. 30
minutes, so each of theese batch insertions takes several minutes..

I've done some Googleing, and most issues with slow insertion into
SQLlite is resolved using transactions, but I suppose the
ContentResolver and the applyBatch method is taking care of this for
me?

Any other suggestions on how to improve the performance?

Anders