Hi all

I have an Android application that stores about 25-40K of private app
data in few files. By default sytem stores these files in the
directory /data/data/'my app package'/files. When the user goes to
"Setting->Applications->Manage Applications->'My app package'" and
chooses the "Clear data" option, all the files, databases folders for
this app is being deleted. I need to keep my data on the device until
the app is "uninstalled".

Is there a way to keep my application data "on the device" somewhere
without being deleted? My device is not rooted. My app is not meant to
be on rooted devices.

Note: I saw the /data/data/'my app package'/lib directory is not being
deleted using the "clear data" option. But I couldn't programatically
write to this direcroty. I get permission denied. Is there a way to
use this directory to store my data? Is there a way to use NDK (not
worked on it yet) to keep the data safe? Is there a way to keep the
data in application reosurce or something like a DLL resource in
Windows programing.

Any help please to get me out of this jam? I would really appreciate
it.

I have posted this on stackoverflow site also. I hope I am not
violating any rules. I apologize if i did.

Thank you; have a good day.
Jacob