Hi, I got my first android phone since two week
And I'm starting my first real App.
My phone is a LG Optimus 2X and one of the missing thing is a
notification led for when there is a missed call, sms, email ect ...

So I'm wondering what's the best way to do this.

For know I've a broatcastreceiver for incoming sms, and the I call a
service that will light the phone buttons (don't bother about this
part, it's working).
But seems that this method will workin only for sms, phone calls, not
emails.

So know I'm thinking to used Listeners instead for everything, but
this mean having a service running  nonstop. Not sure it's the best
way ...

I hope I'm clear, and that my ennglish is not too bad.
Thx in advance
Cyril