I am trying to find a way to create a rounded rectangle with one side
missing.  Something like this :

------------------------

------------------------

Currently, I am using a 9 patch, which works pretty well, but the
requirements just changed to allowing user changeable colors.   I've
spent the last few days trying to figure out a way to make this
happen, and have not managed to come up with a solution.

I found a post about changing the colors of an image in code, but it
won't work because I need the image to scale correctly when text is
written on it.  (Which is why I am currently using a 9-patch.)

Other posts talk about using shape XML, which gets me really close.
I can generate the tab the way I want, but I can't seem to find a way
to remove the line on the right side of the shape.

I have also looked at using the Path() class, but it seems that you
have to have a path that is fully enclosed.  This would work, except I
need a stroked line border with the area in the middle filled.   Which
basically puts me in the same situation as using the shape XML.

Has anyone done anything like this?  Or have any ideas that might help
me along?

Thanks!