I have a similar situation, where my application stores some file on
SDCARD and dont want anyone else to be able to see the contents or use
the file.

Encryption is one solution. However I was thinking if there is any way
to restrict file permission on SDCARD. Since the file is created by my
application, which has a unique UserId, is there any way to set
permissions like chmod on file ?

Cheers,
Kacee