I've seen this too recently since I started using android-sdk_r10-
windows on Windows XP 32b.
Started with a fresh install last week, brandnew laptop. I've got it
about 10 times a day.

- Eclipse (adt/sdk) sometimes doesn't detect a change in a layout XML
file. When the main activity is restarted I get a weird exception,
usually nullptr because some findViewById() returns null though that
view-component is exactly the same as before the change! I did add
some *other* view component in the xml though. I have to do a clean of
the project to get it fixed.
- Also had already one  time that the app showed completely incorrect
messages from myapp.R.string.*; it was just picking the wrong ids!
Again a project clean made it (eclipse/adt/sdk?) show the correct
string texts.

Basically it is not always correctly detecting changed files.

Note that this is not happening on my older Ganymede installed sdk r6
(up to 2.2) on XP 64b, never noticed it before.

PS: no problems with cleaning the project, gen is always generated
correctly again