There is no 3D audio support in the G1, and it's unlikely that it will
ever have more than rudimentary support for 3D audio (2D pan,
distance, and doppler, and maybe basic environmental effects).

I expect that future Android devices will have better 3D capability,
but it's too early to project when that might happen.