I see a handful of these in my Dev Console error logs, but have never had it
happen somewhere I can chase it down. Here's a typical stack trace:

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: unable to open database file
Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: unable to open database
file
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.dbopen(Native Method)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.<init>(SQLiteDatabase.java:1899)
at
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:881)
at
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteOpenHelper.getReadableDatabase(SQLiteOpenHelper.java:168)

In one of my apps, where I ship a "static" database in /assets, I was able
to work around this by catching the exception, deleting the offending .db
file, then recreating it from my copy in the APK (same as I do on first
installation). But you can't do that for user data.

In summary, I believe it's a platform bug, but nebulous enough that it's
hard to create an error report for. :^(

String