On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Droid <rod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I click a button in one fragment, what is the best way to get a
> response in another fragment?
>
> eg click button in fragment1 which displays text in a TextView in
> fragment2.
>
> which is the best approach here?

I think it's a tad early to say what's "best".

However, since the other fragment may or may not even be in memory at
the moment, the pattern that I am recommending is:

-- Implement an event interface

-- Have the activity hosting fragment1 supply an instance of that
event interface (e.g., implement the interface on the activity itself
and supply 'this')

-- Have fragment1 call a method on the event interface when the event
occurs (e.g., button click)

-- Have the hosting activity figure out what to do next (e.g., call a
method on fragment2 which is already hosted in the activity, run a
FragmentTransaction to add fragment2 to the activity, call
startActivity() to fire up another activity for fragment2 with your
data attached as extras)

You'll see an example of that pattern here:

https://github.com/commonsguy/cw-android/tree/master/Fragments/EU4You_6

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in London: http://bit.ly/smand1, http://bit.ly/smand2