> so what is the basic need to do it.
>
> like i have to make a ftp server at desktop side?

Yes, an FTP server on your desktop would do the job.

> is there any library that support ftp through android?

Do a google search on "java ftp
client"<http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=java+ftp+client>and
 you should find libraries that will work for you. I believe Apache has
one you might be able to use. Or, of course, you could develop your own.
Here's RFC 959 which describes the
protocol<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc959.txt>.
It's actually not that hard, I built one from the ground up in less than a
week.

> if i want to authenticate it by username/password what should i need
> to do?

Yes, you can authenticate with username/password or do without. Either way.