Null Pointer exception means exactly that. Somehow, a variable was
declared, initialized only to null and the referenced. Take a look at
the whole stack trace (use logcat for this) and see a) what method
threw the exception and b) which method of yours is in the stack. 99%
of the time that is where the error is.