Yes apologies and thanks for your quick reply. You provide great info
and are timely which is appreciated.. I'd be glad to buy a round for
the Android team... um how large is it again? Android graphics team?
um the really cool graphics folks? at I/O ;) I should not be allowed
to post on the Internets after a long work session and these days its
6/7 days a week marching to launch as it's on my dime.. Do take it for
semi-serious plus the lolz though; I know you guys work hard and
Android has come a long way and it's still just beginning. I think
it's spectres from Android's past that are nipping at my heels in this
case due to the  similarity. I'm just a little knackered that I think
I know exactly the area things are failing in (init as things go) and
I can't immediately fix or test it nor can I afford at the moment to
get a Xoom or 3rd Tegra 2 device; will try and track a non G-Slate
down though. It's just odd things work great on 1.5-2.3 OS across
numerous devices, but not G-Slate / 3.0. I will let you know what I
find out soon.

For one brief flash while rapidly trying to rotate the screen w/
Auriga3D / quake 3 class engine I saw a flash of textures that all
looked correct; I haven't been able to repeat that though and as
things go though the intro screen for now is just a flat quad texture,
so it should show up as it's not rocket science. The simple 3D cube
demo of course is not working too, so init problem is likely and as
mentioned when I get this massive refactor done (I'm about to unleash
a component oriented platform of 550+ components that form a cross-
platform Java middleware SDK w/ lots of goodies + base engine +
component entity system support) I'll be able to test thoroughly the
3D demos in 1-2 weeks. I've been refactoring for months thoroughly
moving away from strict OOP. It was much more work than I thought to
create a robust component oriented platform. As I mentioned it's more
spectres of Android's past haunting me and scaring me to death that
something like this will happen after I release and potentially charge
devs for a quality middleware platform.  Basic GL init should just
work across the majority of devices or failures detected and displayed
to the user.. Black screen.. Not digging that so much. I'll be putting
in extra effort to detect errors during init and display user
actionable errors + error reporting. I actually have that in there
now, so also perplexes me why nothing would pop up.

Can you perhaps mention a Java based game of significant complexity
that doesn't use the API/SDK GLSurfaceView.. I like to compare my
efforts against Deadly Chambers, but it is using the API GLSurfaceView
and works out of the box on tablets (G-Slate at least) with no / minor
changes; nicely too on Tegra 2 devices. It would be good to reference
other Java GL non API / GLSurfaceView oriented apps in times of
crisis.

Some general worries though.. I've not shipped yet, but soon and these
issues again give me the jitters as I'd like to think other devs /
users would understand, but not everyone is so forgiving especially
when it's pro / paid middleware (GPLv3 w/ commercial license for the
core).

My hands are tied for now if you don't know of any specific underlying
GL implementation method changes then I just have to get the demos
back up and step through the init process and potentially test on
another Honeycomb tablet.

I'd offer sending you the simple 3D cube demo or anyone else for a
head check and that would be much appreciated.

Regards...