To enable density compatibility mode you would expect to find:

|anyDensity="false"

in the ||<supports-screens> section of the manifest?

My manifest has this:

<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
                          android:normalScreens="true"
                          android:smallScreens="true"
                          android:anyDensity="true" />

|On 25/04/2011 2:46 AM, Dianne Hackborn wrote:
Have you made sure you are not running in screen density compatibility mode?

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Simon Platten <simonaplat...@googlemail.com <mailto:simonaplat...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

    I can get the size of the wallpaper from the wallpaper manager:

                m_context = app.getApplicationContext();
                WallpaperManager wpMngr =
    WallpaperManager.getInstance( m_context );
                m_intWPheight = wpMngr.getDesiredMinimumHeight();
                m_intWPwidth  = wpMngr.getDesiredMinimumWidth();

    I can then get the size of the display area:

                Display display =
    app.getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay();
                m_intScrWidth = display.getWidth();
                m_intScrHeight = display.getHeight();

    I have my image that I want to rescale:

                m_bmpImage = BitmapFactory.decodeResource( m_res,
    intResId );
                m_intImgWidth  = m_bmpImage.getWidth();
                m_intImgHeight = m_bmpImage.getHeight();

    Scaling from the Image height to the display height:

                m_fltSFbyHeight = (float)m_intScrHeight /
    (float)m_intImgHeight;

    What I want to do is create a black bitmap that is the same size
    as the wallpaper ( intWPwidth, m_intWPheight ), then copy/blit
    into this bitmap the bitmap to use as the wallpaper re-scaling it
    to fit if required, so I end up with a bitmap image the same size
    as the wallpaper with the image centered and scaled in the middle
    of it.

    Thank you.

    On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Simon Platten
    <simonaplat...@googlemail.com
    <mailto:simonaplat...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

        Sorry, I should have included the code to resize, once I
        calculate the new width and height I call:

                return Bitmap.createScaledBitmap(m_bmpImage,
                                                m_intFinalWidth,
                                                m_intFinalHeight,
                                                false);

        On 24/04/2011 6:34 PM, Simon Platten wrote:
        When using the code on Android 1.6 platforms, the bitmaps are
        re-sized as aspected, however when used on Android 2.1 its as
        if the function to rescale has no effect what so ever, the
        wallpapers always come out the wrong size.

        On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Simon Platten
        <simonaplat...@googlemail.com
        <mailto:simonaplat...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

            On Android 1.6 my wallpaper applications resize the
            wallpapers correctly, however on Android 2.1 the resizing
            doesn't work, its the same on the emulator.

            I've tried using both the Matrix and
            Bitmap.createScaledBitmap both do exactly the same and
            work find on 1.6.  Can anyone explain what is happing and
            why these routines don't work on Android 2.1?

            I start off by getting the device screen size using:

                        Display display = app.getWindowManager().
            getDefaultDisplay();
                        m_intScrWidth = display.getWidth();
                        m_intScrHeight = display.getHeight();

            I load the image from a resource with:

                        m_bmpImage = BitmapFactory.decodeResource(
            m_res, intResId );
                        m_intImgWidth  = m_bmpImage.getWidth();
                        m_intImgHeight = m_bmpImage.getHeight();
                        m_fltSFbyHeight = (float)m_intScrHeight /
            (float)m_intImgWidth;

            Then to scale the image:

                    m_intFinalWidth  = (int)((float)m_intImgWidth *
            m_fltSFbyHeight);
                    m_intFinalHeight = (int)((float)m_intImgHeight *
            m_fltSFbyHeight);

            Thank you,
            Simon

    To post to this group, send email to
    android-developers@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:android-developers@googlegroups.com>
    <mailto:android-developers%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com <mailto:hack...@android.com>

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.