I'm running on a Motorola Droid with OS 2.2.2. My app implements
SensorEventListener and uses Sensor.TYPE_ACCELEROMETER and
Sensor.TYPE_ORIENTATION. After I detect a particular event (i.e.
device shaken or flipped) I want to cancel any subsequent sensor
inputs. I have noticed a lag between calling unregisterListener and
when sensor events actually stop coming to my service. Is this normal?
Is there a way to immediately stop receiving sensor events? Or if
there is some latency between the time I unregister my sensor
listener, can I set a flag to stop processing events? I'm more
concerned with minimizing CPU cycles and battery life so I don't want
the service to run any longer than it absolutely has to.

-- George